What do you need from the form?
There are two key bits of information on it. At the top left there is the claim number and in the panel on centre right there is a code. If you have already created an account on MoneyClaimOnline, you can use these two bits of information to file your Acknowledgement of Service (AoS).
How to complete the Online Form?
The steps are simple:
1. Log in to the claim, using the claim number at the top of the first page of the form, and the claim password supplied at the bottom.
2. Select the option 'Acknowledgement of Service' and fill in personal details
3. Tick the box which says 'I intend to defend all of this claim'. Do NOT put anything in the 'Defence' text box.
4. Submit the form, and the website will display a confirmation that it has been submitted.
5. Take a screen shot if you can (Shift+prt sc buttons) but you should get an email acknowledgement. If in doubt call them to check it has been received.
6. The next step is to prepare a defence which you can email over to the Northampton Court. This means you can put more in a defence than you can with the online system which is very restrictive. Email address for your defence/claim response is shown here. Currently it is firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Finally after emailing it over, log back on after a few days to ensure the claim is shown as "defended". If it is not call MCOL to find out if they have received the defence and are logging it in.